How often do you update your BIM models during a typical project?

I'm curious about the frequency of BIM model updates during a typical project. How often do you find yourself updating your BIM models to reflect design changes, coordination adjustments, and other project developments? Are there specific milestones or phases where updates are more critical? I'd love to hear about your experiences and best practices for keeping BIM models current throughout the project lifecycle.

Comments

• zoomer
    edited July 19

about the frequency of BIM model updates during a typical project. How often do you find yourself updating your BIM models to reflect design changes, coordination adjustments, and other project developments?

I do mainly visualizations, BIM mostly because of personal interest, often not really need.

When I get (larger) BIM models from clients for Visualization, as well as for my own ones,
    they were all in a constant update process.

Are there specific milestones or phases where updates are more critical?

Difficult question, it depends on the project.

In the past I had a battery plant project that started BIM and Process planning when
    there were 3 optional building sites with different areas, where the favorite site
    changed a few times while planning. That of course effects the buildings.
    Not cool, but what should you do.
    Maybe an investor will start a residential building, but while planning decides that
    selling offices instead would be better. OK, if you really want to start building in
    September, you should find a decision until end of July.

I think that is the main strength of BIM.
    You update the model to the react tonew situations, the documentation will be automatically
    generated and updated.