Cursor Disappears in Modelspace and Layout tabs

I am on v14, but I think this is a Windows issue. I am on Windows 10.

Suddenly, the cursor in my BricsCAD Pro v14 has often been disappearing anytime my cursor is inside the drawing area. This is true for both the Modelspace tab, and the layouts, regardless of if I am in a viewport or not. It has never happened on a purely 2D drawing.

Currently I am often working on 3D drawings. The trigger seems to be changing my rendering style. Sometimes closing the drawing and reopening it fixes it. Sometimes closing and restarting BricsCAD. This started a few days ago, and is happening on my desktop computer, as well as on a Laptop where I have recently transferred the BricsCAD license. There was an update from Windows over that time. Though, I can't say for sure the Windows update was the trigger, since I was working on a 2D drawing at that time, and 2D drawings seem immune.

Any ideas about how to fix this?

-Joe

Comments

• Does it disappear when no command is run? There were issues about cursor disappearing during some command or selection of entities. This was related to the Windows display scale, I don't recall which scale is preferred, but you can try the value recommended by Windows.

• Joe Dunfee
    edited October 14

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sometimes it was only disappearing when a command was used, and other times it would disappear anytime my cursor was in the drawing area. But, your mention of windows displays scale is likely the issue, as I have it set to 125%. It seems that has been an issue for a while now. I hope Windows gets around to fixing that issue eventually.

• zoomer
    edited October 14

I had this and all other kind of issues last weekend when I checked
    my Bricscad on a PC. I think it was related to updating my Win11
    and (AMD) graphic drivers before I tried Bricscad.

So I upgraded Win11 32H2 to 24H2 and had the same problems.
    Did another few 24H2 updates, reinstalled the GPU driver a
    few times again. Although those many needed reboots again,
    problems got only marginally better.

But somehow, booting the next morning, everything works normally
    now. Cursor doesn't disappear over drawing view, Highlighting + Quad
    came back, Panels do no more disapear when clicked, I can select again, …..

• Unfortunately setting the windows scaling to 100% did not fix the problem for me. The crosshairs go away immediately when I change the rendering style to Realistic, or anything other than 2D Wireframe. Then, if I change it back to 2D wireframe, they do not come back until I restart BricsCAD.

The problem appeared on both my desktop and laptop system at the the same time. Both are on Windows 10 pro. And the Laptop actually belongs to the school I teach an online class for. They say don't update to Windows 11 because of a compatibility issue with one of the software packages they use.

Perhaps I can try rolling-back one of the windows updates.

• BTW,
    I have also (200%) scaling as it is a 4k but small 24" monitor.

Have you tried to play with OpenGL swap settings in Bricscad already ?
    Or could the GPU driver have changed when the issues arrived ?

Also it is important to install a driver from the GPU manufacturer,
    not an old one offered by Windows update,
    and to check Windows energy setting s and GPU settings and adding
    Bricscad to use full power - not the CPU integrated GPU to save energy ….