New Layer Dialog Box

Does anyone have a lisp routine and accompanied DCL code of a layer dialog box that is similar to AutoCAD's. The problem with the ICAD EXPLAYERS dilaog is that there is no FREEZE/THAW option (not on my computer). I use 0025 but the prob has been there for a while.The Current Viewport one only works in Paper Space and it is very slow. Takes a number of secs to respond when freezing layers in vports. The reason the ICAD one is slow is because it is a modeless dialog. In other words it executes the command live. As soon as you press freeze it actually does it in the background.The ACAD one however alows you to select the layers for freezing/thawing, on/off etc... first and it only executes (and therefore regens) ones. Only when you press the OK button. There is no OK in ICAD.Forward code direct to av@computersupport.itgo.com if you wish or post here or direct me to a site that might have one.Regards and keep ICADing!!!

Comments

• It is not possible to reproduce the Acad layer dialog using Lisp/DCL. DCL is too limited. I guess this would require VBA.

• there is no FREEZE/THAW option>(not on my computer). I use 0025 but the prob>has been there for a while.Pardon me? You're sure you did not push together some tabs in the icad explorer?>>The Current Viewport one only works in Paper>Space and it is very slow. Takes a number of>secs to respond when freezing layers in vports.>The reason the ICAD one is slow is because it is>a modeless dialog. >In other words it executes>the command live. As soon as you press freeze>it actually does it in the background.>>The ACAD one however alows you to select the>layers for freezing/thawing, on/off etc... first>and it only executes (and therefore regens) ones.>Only when you press the OK button. There is no>OK in ICAD.>>Forward code direct to>av@computersupport.itgo.com if you wish or post>here or direct me to a site that might have one.>>Regards and keep ICADing!!!The immediate application of a change has its value, but when things get too slow it gets in the way.This could be a relatively cheap performance gain. We'll try to figure something out.sander, bricsnet

This discussion has been closed.