Parametric Block Stretch Direction

I'm trying to create a simple parametric block that can stretch. It works, but I want it to stretch to the left and if I input a positive dimension while stretching it goes to the right. Does anyone know how to make it work so I can stretch it to the left with a positive input? I'm trying to make this simple for other users to just be able to input the width they want it to be. I know this can be done in the parameters tab, but I would like to make it work at the dynamic input of the grip point. See short video of how it's currently working.

Comments

  • Hello.

    The parametric stretch operation is not optimized to work with dynamic input.
    In this case, the fact that the operation is defined using the negative X direction has an influence on how the values in dynamic input are interpreted.

    An alternative could be to enable Rollover Tips and change the parametric stretch from there.
    This is valid when ROLLOVERPARAMS = 1.

    Or, if you have access to dynamic blocks, you could experiment with them.
    The stretch action in dynamic blocks is defined in a different way.

  • Thank you Virgil! That helped me get what I needed. I didn't realize the rollover tips would have those parameters to be able to input, so that's a good option. We still have a version of AutoCAD since we're just now transitioning to Bricscad, so I ended up going in there and creating a dynamic block based off your other suggestion, and when I brought it into Bricscad it worked as well. I know Bricscad has an experimental mode with dynamic blocks, so I will probably at some point try to check that out.