Fonts

For some reason the Command "Font" alias "Style" can not be embeded in Lisp program to work with variables. It rather opens a dialog window, so the lisp function is inerupted and dosn't continue. You can't even preced the command with a "-" to bypass the dialog window.The last version (3.3.0024) worked nicely as all the other versions with hebrew fonts. Not so with version number 4. I tried to play with code page, but to no avail. So, I had to go back to the previous version.

Comments

• the -style command works fine with me. In the old and the new intellicad I tested the command directly:-styleTS etc...in a lisp call:(command "-style" "TSA" "txt.shx" "1" "1" "0" "_N" "_N" "_N")and from inside a lisp function(defun c:test ( / ) (command "-style" "TSB" "txt.shx" "1" "1" "0" "_N" "_N" "_N"))'-font' is not a built in alias indeed. It wasn't built in in the 3-series either.the second issue is serious and we're fixing it. In my tests, small drawings in hebrew show up allright, but they use up large amounts of resources. Big drawings in hebrew do not show. This is a new problem and it only occurs in right-to-left languages. Displaying Hebrew uses a complex algorithm because it mixes left to right and right to left text. The problem occurs in this special algorithm. We'll have a fix as soon as possible.regards, sander, bricscad

• there is a resource shortage that happens when ttf fonts are needed and missing. We fixed this today. Performance also suffers when fonts are missing. We're looking into thatregards, sander, bricscad

• in the coming update, the resource problems are fixed. Also, performance has improved a lot for drawings with missing ttf fonts. With our latest code , we find that if you have many ttf fonts(say, more than 400), loading drawings withmissing ttf fonts can still be slow. For clarity, this is an old issue, not a regression. regards, sander

This discussion has been closed.