Plot problems - v.4.0.0029

A new problem occurred when plotting in v.4.0.0029, it was OK under 3.0.0003: Print command, "Printer setup", select HP750C plotter, then "Properties". Here I can enter a custom paper size (e.g.1100x906 mm) or select it from predefined user setups saved earlier, BUT ICAD ignores this completely. The only way to plot to specific size is to enter the Printers folder, select the plotter, then Properties, select the specific paper size and save, so that the specific size becomes plotter's default. Now, I can start ICAD and plot. In 3.0.0003 it was possible to select paper size in plotter's driver dialog invoked from ICAD. I saw a problem of this kind in some of the newer 3.xx versions so I stayed on 3.0.0003. Can this be corrected?Also, I could not plot to paper length of more than approx.1400 mm (also in ver.3)

Comments

• We are testing a fix for this scenario:- psetup- go to printer properties- select custom papersize and change the size- applythe papersize is ignored. This does not happen if you set the custom size through windows>printersvariants of the scenario that we also verify, are to go through the printdialog to psetup, to print before you close the print dialog or after it, and some others.icad 3-3-0024 has the same bug, since the psetup code is the same as 4-0-0029.this fix will be in the next update. The part about maximum plot length, I don't understand it. Has it always been this way or only in recent 3 versions? In my experience, i'd check the printer driver.

• regarding the Q of maximum plot length: if i remeber right it was ok on versions 2, the problem is only with the windows 2000/XP .

• hope you had find the fix...i am having major problems in printing to HP1050 designjet. the program seem to be unable to print a non custom paper size plt.

This discussion has been closed.