IntelliCAD 4 Pro VBA

I am running Windows XP and just purchased IntelliCad Pro w/VBA.Now, everytime I start up IntelliCAD I am hit with the dialog box to switch my security to high to disable macro's. Then the nest dialog box to enable/disable macro's.Is there any way of getting rid of these dialogs without setting my security to high: which I don't want to do?Gregg

Comments

• You get rid of the first dialog by selecting an option in /Tools/Security - from then on, the dialog won't appear.The second dialog depends on your selected option in the previous step. "Medium" displays the dialog, ""Low" does not. I didn't test "High". I use "Low" wihout any problems - in our company's emvironment I find it safe enough, so far :-))

• It boils down to this:Any program that has VBA built in, could be tried as a backdoor by virus programmers. IntelliCad has no special built-in protection system against virus-attacks: it is a CAD application, not a virusscanner... Hence it warns (just like Excel and other softwares) that if you enable macro's, there is this vulnerability. So what can one do not to get annoyed by these warnings, nor by virusses?1. Install a good virusscanner on your system (McAfee, Norton/Symantec, ...)2. Switch the IntelliCad protection to low.3. The vast majority of drawings that one receives from third parties are simple .dwg files, without the corresponding .vbi files. The only time you need to worry about malicious programs is when you receive a drawing that is accompanied by a .vbi file: the .vbi file contains VBA code, .dwg files don't. If you don't trust the party you received the drawing from, you can discard or rename the .vbi file so you can use the dwg file without fear for any infection whatsoever..

• Vaclav and Hans,Thanks for the reply. I do have virus protection installed.I just thought it funny that Windows was telling me to set everything to High. Would have cut everything on the Web etc. out.Again, thanks.Regards,Gregg

• Well, I went into the Control Panel, Internet, Security Tab, Intranet settings and set it to LOW, But when I start up IntelliCAD 4 Pro, I get the same dialogs boxes, and when I go back into the Intranet settings, they have gone back to Medium Low. I am using Windows XP Home.Is there a way to over-ride this from switching back? Or am I trying to change this in the wrong area?Thanks,Gregg

• In intellicad under the tools pull down click on security and set the stetting to high. It is not windows giving the security message... It is intellicads security.

• Thanks James, got it. Had me guessing there for a while.

This discussion has been closed.