highlighted objects moving

I have noticed in the last few versions (I am currently using 2000.2.0025) including the latest, when I highlight objects, either one or many, sometimes the objects will move almost unnoticably if "bumped" by the cursor. Sometimes I catch it and sometimes I don't. This is very annoying. This happens when I have "dragging" enabled. However, when I don't have dragging enabled, I can't view objects as I rotate them. I am trying to use the Esc key more often to return individual objects not intended for highlighting instead of "clicking" them again, but when I have selected many objects it means I have to start over again. Is there something that could be done about this?

Comments

• You might use the select command first. For example type: select, then select the objects that you want, if you select an oblect that you do not want, type R then select it again to remove it from the selection set, then type A to begin adding more object to your selection set.When you are done selecting objects, Start the rotate command, when it asks you to select objects type P (for previous selection set), then complete the command.

• Type "dragmode" and set to off or on, default is auto. I can't see a difference between the off and on setting. They both seem to work the same way. Does anyone know how to set the dragmode off so you can't move objects just by clicking on them BUT still be able to see the object move when in the move or rotate command? I like the ghosting feature when in the move or rotate command but can't afford to mistakenly move something with dragmode on auto.

• You can see the difference between dragmode On or Off when moving an entity using its handles. With dragmode set to On you see the entity move dynamically. When dragmode is off, there are no dynamics. In both modes, there are no dynamics when moving, copying or rotating entities. Such dynamics are only availble with dragmode set to Auto.

This discussion has been closed.