EXPLODE not working with MTEXT

Surprisingly, the EXPLODE command does not explode MTEXT entities to a set of simple TEXT (as AutoCAD does). Obviously, this is a simple feature to be added - can this be added in near future? Some Lisp routines used for manipulating text work only with simple TEXT so we have to ask a colleague working with ACAD to explode it, then continue in ICAD... RegardsVaclav

Comments

• This will be implemented, but we can't promise it in the short run.As it is now, you'd need a lisp routine to replace an mtext by several texts. If you focus on common cases it's a fairly short task. Maybe anyone has such code ready? regards, sander, bricscad

• Yes, no serious drawback, VERY low priority - just wanted to let developers know.RegardsVaclav

• Still nothing new here in 4.1.0016.Sorry to write it.RegardsVaclav

• Well, it is possible to find free lisp online. A short search gives me this tool: http://www.cogosoftware.com/Dpmt2t.zipregards, sander

• Thanks for the link!. BTW, unfortunately, the result of dpmt2t.lsp differs quite significantly from both the original mtext and from the result of Explode command in ACAD. For reference, see www.pontex.cz/download/ICAD/dpmt2tTest.dwgAnyway, I agree this issue can be sorted out by a user lisp routine and I wouldn't give it a high priority. I just went through the issues I reported earlier to note their current status after 4.1.0016 release, so this issue popped up. Most of the other issues are more important.RegardsVaclav

This discussion has been closed.