Command bar - repeat/edit previous commands

I've been asked by some users about ICAD capability to scroll through the previously entered commands and invoke them from 'history' as available in ACAD. Right click on the command bar window opens menu with "Copy history"/"Paste" options. "Copy history" puts all the dialogs to clipboard, which may be usefull, though probably not very frequently. "Paste" puts clipboard contents to command line. Surprisingly, for some reason it is not possible to select text by mouse in the command bar window, which would be much more flexible. The UP/DOWN arrow keys scroll the DRAWING (which I find very handy), not the command history.I think the following functionality should be added:1. In both "Command bar" and "Prompt history" windows, allow normal selection of text and copying to clipboard.2. A new key combination should be introduced which rolls back previous commands (e.g. Ctrl+Up/Down keys) - or, even better, commands like "HISTORYPREVIOUS/HISTORYNEXT"; the key assignments can be easily defined by the user. Or, maybe there are such shortcuts already defined which I overlooked?What do you think?RegardsVaclav

Comments

• Hello Vaclav!Commandline editing is valuable and there is a plan to implement commandline editing.That means copy/paste, recalling previous commands, but also using backspace to edit a character without deleting all the following characters.It'll come, eventually.There exists an old feature to recall previous commands: Try CTRL K. In my experience, as it is now, it rambles. regards, sander

• Hi!Good to hear that. Anyway, this feature is not a MUST so I would prefer more priority given to the serious functionality issues discussed in other threads. Hope there's some progress in these to come in near future?...RegardsVaclav

• We don't intend to implement this ourselves. It would be a development that is shared by all members of consortiumregards, sander

• We've a request to record 5,000 lines of text in the history, is this possible?

• As one could expect, nothing new in this field. Sure it needs to be done on the ITC level. But will it ever be done?RegardsVaclav

This discussion has been closed.