Error in EXTEND command

I think we found a serious problem with EXTEND command. Extending a line to boundary defined by a polyline, the line is extended, but its angle is changed! The problem can be seen in http://www.pontex.cz/download/icad/extendproblem/extendproblem.dwgI tried to explode the polyline but the result of EXTEND is still wrong. As always, I checked the same on AutoCAD and it worked correctly, there's nothing wrong with the drawing as far as I know.I think problems of this kind show there's still a need to improve the core 2D functionality, which should be given very high priority. Please.RegardsVaclav

Comments

• I have just installed the 4.1.0006 Pro version and have to confirm the problem occurrs here as well.RegardsVaclav

• We can reproduce the problem, but haven't fixed it yet.At first sight it looks like a precision problem(note the very-far-from-origin coordinates where the extend is done) but as soon as you edit the polyline slightly, the problem disappears. So maybe there is sth special/wrong about the polyline.regards, sander

• Moreover, other lines in that drawing seem to extend quite fine. A precision problem shouldn't be the reason, indeed. BTW, in drawings that come from geodetical plans measured on site in "world" global coordinates, such coordinates are very common. Moving the entities closer to the origin is not a good idea, as during the project life one needs to give various coordinates for setting-out on site and so we need to keep the global coordinates.RegardsVaclav

• Tested the problem on 4.1.0016. It was NOT corrected.RegardsVaclav

This discussion has been closed.