Dimension DIMTVP variable bug

Has anyone noticed that the DIMTVP variable does not work in horizontal dims? This is what it's supposed to do:DIMTVPSets the vertical position of dimension text relative to the dimension line.Type: RealSaved: In the .DWG fileRange: +/-Default: 0.0000 I also noticed inconsistencies in my dimensions when I compare my horizontals to the verticals. The vertical ones have a larger gap between the dimension line and the text, Does the latest release address these issues. The only way I can get the DIMTVP to work on my horizontal dims was to rotate my UCS by 90 degrees and do the hor dims as vertical. Then I changed my UCS back to World. This is unacceptable! Following are the variables I have set. I also discovered 2 extra ones that are not documented (look at bottom of list - DIMSS & DIMSSPOS) What do these do??. The gaps between some of the variables indicate where AutoCAD has other variables & ICAD does not. eg There is an AutoCAD DIMALTRND variable between DIMALTF and DIMALTTD. Likewise AutoCAD has DIMADEC variable at the beginning but ICAD hasn't. Thank youAndreas Vasiliou (av@computersupport.itgo.com) DIMALT 0 DIMALTD 2 DIMALTF 25 DIMALTTD 2 DIMALTTZ 0 DIMALTU 2 DIMALTZ 0 DIMAPOST "" DIMASO 1 DIMASZ 1 DIMAUNIT 1 DIMBLK "DIMTICK1" DIMBLK1 "" DIMBLK2 "" DIMCEN 300 DIMCLRD 0 DIMCLRE 0 DIMCLRT 0 DIMDEC 0 DIMDLE 0 DIMDLI 0 DIMEXE 0 DIMEXO 0 DIMFIT 5 DIMGAP 0 DIMJUST 0 DIMLFAC 1 DIMLIM 0 DIMPOST "" DIMRND 0 DIMSAH 0 DIMSCALE 100 DIMSD1 0 DIMSD2 0 DIMSE1 1 DIMSE2 1 DIMSHO 1 DIMSOXD 0 DIMSTYLE "RAISED-100" DIMTAD 0 DIMTDEC 0 DIMTFAC 1 DIMTIH 0 DIMTIX 1 DIMTM 0 DIMTOFL 1 DIMTOH 0 DIMTOL 0 DIMTOLJ 1 DIMTP 0 DIMTSZ 0 DIMTVP 3 DIMTXSTY "DIMTEXT" DIMTXT 2 DIMTZIN 0 DIMUNIT 2 DIMUPT 0 DIMZIN 0 Extras DIMSS 1 DIMSSPOS 2

Comments

• Andreas,You wrote "I also noticed inconsistencies in my dimensions when I compare my horizontals to the verticals. The vertical ones have a larger gap between the dimension line and the text, Does the latest release address these issues. The only way I can get the DIMTVP to work on my horizontal dims was to rotate my UCS by 90 degrees and do the hor dims as vertical. Then I changed my UCS back to World. This is unacceptable!"It seems that the Vertical Text Offset (DIMTVP variable) is calculated correctly only on condition that the text position is set to "Center between extension lines" for both horizontal and vertical dimension lines. 'Old' dimension styles seem to have the vertical text position set to "Above extension lines". In this case the DIMTVP variable is neglected.Regards,Louis

• Louis,You wrote: "It seems that the Vertical Text Offset (DIMTVP variable) is calculated correctly only on condition that the text position is set to "Center between extension lines" for both horizontal and vertical dimension lines. 'Old' dimension styles seem to have the vertical text position set to "Above extension lines". In this case the DIMTVP variable is neglected."The way I understand your reply is that if my text is set to "Center between extension lines" for both horizontal and vertical dim lines then DIMTVP will work. Can you please tell me how this can be achieved? Is there a variable for this? In the Dimension Settings dialog I only have the option to "Center between extension lines" for the horizontal dims only. The vertical ones have the options "Above extension lines" (which is my setting), "Farthest from defining points" or JIS representation.Also what do you mean 'Old' dimension styles seem to have the vertical text position set to "Above extension lines"? Do you mean my version of ICAD is old? I use 2.2.0016. Would a later version help?I have discovered that if I set DIMGAP to a value, say 2, I can get the text to move away from the dim line. However the horizontal has a lesser distance between the line and the bottom of the text compared with the vertical and alligned text.Best regardsAndreas Vasiliou (av@computersupport.itgo.com)

• I like using ordinate dimesioning and the leader line goes to the middle of the text when Intellicad writes vertical text (along X axes).After a bunch of playing around I learned that Intellicad doesn't rotate DIMGAP when it rotates the text.Change DIMGAP to a negitive value and you will see what I mean.

• Hi Andreas,The VERTICAL option of the TEXT ALIGNMENT settings on the TEXT tab page on the Dimension Settings dialog window has 4 options, of which only 3 can be visible in the drop down list. The top one is the one you need (Center between extension lines). Use the UP arrow to go to the top of the list.Regards,Louis

This discussion has been closed.