Disappearing Block with attributes

I had inserted a block with attributes into a new drawing of about 50k size. The block was created (long ago) on layer 0, inserted on another layer. I use multiple layer configurations and noticed on freezing/thawing layers a few times the body of the block disappeared, showing just attributes. Thawing all layers did not help and after some more tries at making it visible the whole block disappeared, even from the explorer - like the Cheshire Cat in Alice. I opened all such files I use as blocks and saved them in 4.1.0017, re-inserted the offender and now all seems to work well again. Just a bit perturbing.Is this an isolated incident?

Comments

• Actually it just happened again. Re-Inserted an existing block into a dwg, just a plain block with a pline and a couple of lines. Fist I noticed the display would not update when a block was moved (until a regen), then after a few zooms all occurrances disappeared, also from explorer. All my existing files are from Icad98, maybe it's a backward compatability problem?

• Think I have isolated the problem, although icad had a strange way indeed of reacting to it. It's a lisp I use/d to update blocks - it finds out the name then all you have to do is point to the block's directory. Done "manually" it seems to work OK. Guess that's just another lisp to be put aside - a small number of mine won't work in 4.1.0017

This discussion has been closed.