Freebie Plotter Utilities

I was given (gratis) a very nice plotter utility by my blueprint shop. It is called Repro Desk 4.21 by OCE (the plotter company) and is very complete and versatile. The drawings are required to be saved to R14 but everything works very well. Before I got Repro Desk my big problem was having to set up a plot file using a HPGL driver and then plotting on the OCE machine. The pens no longer matched the lines/layers I wanted. Now I can see what I am going to get and I can customize pens, plot size and image.Repro Desk supports many different formats (HP, Calcomp, TIFF, DGN, DXF and DWG (r9-14)) and will do check prints to any Windows printer.

Comments

• Well I had a look at the www.oce.com site and I can't see under the 'Downloads' section such a program.I came close under Products > Software but I still couldn't download.If it is free how can we get it.If it is small enough to be e-mailed (say under 3Mb) can you please send it to me at:av@computersupport.itgo.comThanks in advance.

• Whatch out when using HPGL. You have to use HPGLs internal penwidths and colours. I just realized that IC seems to use the first pen you have used as pen no1 next pen as no2 and so on.This means that if you plot a drawing wit 4 four pens (no matter wich) you get a plotfile with pens 1,2,3 and 4.

• Yes, I noticed this too. My plotting service had a problem with it until we set their software to use the pen weights and colors as defined in the HPGL file rather than as defined by their pen table (which is how all their Autocad users do it). I don't know if this is an Intellicad "feature" or a Windows feature.

• Sorry I am so slow to reply. I got my copy of Repro Desk from Ford Graphics, Seattle/Bellevue, WA as a CD copy and it amounts to about 18+ MB. That includes utilities for e-mailing drawings to the print shop. You might check for a local print shop that plots using the OCE machine and ask them.

• You can also try SPLOT http://www.swplot.com/.Penwidths and colors in plot file is as far as I know a HPGL2 feature. Pen no mapping as color is HPGL.

This discussion has been closed.