Exploded dimensions change to layer 0

Greetings:Version 4.1.0019, when I explode a dimension all parts of the dimension (text, arrows, dimension and extension lines) change from my ADIM layer to layer 0. I often need to explode dimensions so that I can move the text around without moving the dimension line as well. Do other users have this problem?

Comments

• Yes, just tried it. Another thing which happens is sometimes the current layer changes to '0' during manipulation of dimensions, without the layer indicator at the bottom of screen changing.

• I have a brilliant LISP that will solve this for you. It will explode to any named layer or use the one you are in. Also to named color or linetype. Blocks dims etc.Mail me if you want it.patrik@golvvarme.nu

• There is a way for moving the text around without the need for exploding the dimension. In the "dimension settings" go to the "format" tab and check "Allow text anywhere w/o leader". Hope this helps.

• Thank you all. Patrik's Lisp works great. Joerg's advice does the trick. The "allow text anywher without leader" checkbox never worked in ICAD 98. In ICAD 98 if you tried to reposition the text the dimension line would move as well, exploding the dimension was the only workaround.

This discussion has been closed.