Crashes when using right-click shortcut menu

Using ICAD 4.1.0019 with XP Prof. Program crashes whenever I select more than one entity and attempt to modify the entities using the right click shortcut menu. Program works fine if I only select one entity and then modify. Program works fine if I select more than one entity and modify them using toolbar buttons. Problem just started occuring today and seems to affect any drawing that I open. I have tried rebooting several times without success. Crashes vary: sometimes the program just disappears (gone!); sometimes I'm asked to save the file before closing; sometimes I get an error message like The instruction at ......... referenced memory at ............. The memory could not be "read".Prior to this occurring, I opened and printed three dwg drawings sent from another engineer. Could one of these files have corrupted my program? Any suggestions on a fix?Thanks much!

Comments

• I suggest to proceed through elimination of possibilities:- try a new drawing with a few entities. does the crash still occur?- maybe the menus got corrupted somehow. To find out, use the UserProfileManager to create and run a new user profile. You can run the UserProfileManager through the startup menu>bricscad>intellicad, or look up UserProfileManager.exe in the IntelliCAD directory. In the new profile, all the menus and other settings have been reset. If the crash still occurs, It's not related to menus.- then there is the possibility of addon corruption: try to run IntelliCAD without icad.lsp and without object properties toolbar.- And then there is the possibility that the IntelliCAD installation got somehow corrupted and needs to be reinstalled.regards,Alexander Van Heuverzwyn,Bricscad

• Thanks, Sander, for your quick reply.Program crashes with a new drawing and a few entities.I created a new user profile and it does NOT crash. In my original (default) user profile the program only crashes when using the right click shortcut menu, does not crash when using either toolbar buttons or drop down menus.In my original profile I had deleted "print" from the right click shortcut menu per Ferdinand's April 5 post. I also deleted "print" in my new user profile and this did not make the program crash.I'm not sure how to run ICAD without icad.lsp (Lisp Dummy!) and the object properties toolbar seems to load every time I start ICAD even though I uncheck the box under the View/Toolbars menu.I also deleted the dwg's sent to me earlier today, without any improvementAny further suggestions?Thanks!

• Is it possible the foreign dwgs called for a different menu which your system keeps looking for?If your menu mods load with a user profile, could that mean the menu is not saved and loads differently through the user profile, than if saved/imported as a menu? Just guessing as I have not fiddled with u/p's.My object properties toolbar causes crashes when loaded, but it stays unloaded when set that way. Should be editable out of icad.lsp.

• Looks like your user profile got corrupted. The best approach is to throw it away and work with a new profile(with the same name if you prefer it so). It would be helpful to us if you can export the profile first and send it to us.So it is no longer needed to trim away icad.lsp -which by the way is done by renaming it- or object properties toolbar - which is done by disabling it with the TBCONFIG dialog.

• One of the crashes yesterday shot down the entire computer. Operations became sluggish, ICAD wouldn't finish closing even though the program was gone from my desktop. I had to control-alt-delete to end the program and reboot. Afterward, my original "default" user profile was altered in that a bunch of my toolbars (inquiry, entity snaps, settings, dimensioning, etc.) did not appear when starting ICAD and the toolbars that did appear were in the original "out of the box" startup locations rather than where I had docked them. Appearance looked a lot like the new user profile, however, the crash problem still occurs. I will toss this "default" user profile and start a new one. I will be glad to send you the problem user profile, please provide instructions on exporting.Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.