import multiline text

In ICAD 98 I was able to prepare and edit long lists of notes in my word processing program, copy the text from my word processing program to the clipboard, and then paste it into the multiline text box for importation into my drawing. Very simple and very slick. ICAD 4 (V4.1.0019) does not appear to permit pasting into the multiline text box. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Mine works (at least with a smaller paragraph) but it comes in at a tiny size which can be scaled later, and brings its own font. Maybe it is barely visible or else the font is not available in Icad?

• After copying the text to the clipboard, when I right click in the field of the open Multiline Text box, I get "What's This?" help link instead of a menu of options which should include "copy". If I click on the Paste icon on my toolbar I get a friendly "boing" tone telling me that command is unavailable.How do others handle long lists of general notes or specifications on drawings?

• Did you try Ctrl-V to paste?

• Ctrl-V Works! Thanks, John. Text does appear very small but I can scale it up in the multiline text box to see it and also adjust text height prior to hitting the "OK" button. The first line, and only the first line, of many paragraphs overruns the text box area that I've laid down on my drawing. I have to edit the multiline text by inserting a hard return at the point where the first line of text should be wrapping at the edge of the extablished box. Time consuming - but workable.

• I haven't had that problem, although you might check if it happens with all fonts. Some mtext in some of my files has developed a big space between lines which will not go away until I saveas R14, then it is OK viewed in I98 - I seem to have to save in I98 to be sure Acad people can read dwgs, but have not tried to issue straight from V4 after saving in R14.

• You could also try using an external editor . MTEXTED allows you to override the built in mtext editor.

This discussion has been closed.