editing text in V4.1.0040

Downloded V4.1.0040 this weekend and have found a new inconvenience regarding text editing. When I select a line of text and select "Edit Text" either from the right click menu or from the toolbar, I now have to click on the text entity again before the edit text box will appear. In my prior version 4.1.0019 the box would appear as soon as I selected "Edit Text". This new version adds an extra third step to the process. Any way to go back to the prior two step process?

Comments

• The simplest ways to bring up the entity properties dialog for a text are : - doubleclick a text, this starts entprop. - click ddedit or click the entprop buttonthe command ddmodify does the same, but it does not have a buttonWe changed ddedit so that for an mtext it brings up the mtext editor directly. Indeed, we did not implement preselection of entities. Meanwhile, we added pickfirst behaviour in our new release.

• Thank you Sander! Double clicking on text to edit is fast and easy. I wonder how many other unknown (by me, anyway) short cuts are out there?

• I'm finding that double clicking on a text entity works well for editing a single text entity, but it doesn't work when editing more than one of the same entity. I used to be able to select all of the (same) entities and edit them all with one operation, now I have to change each one individually. Do I understand correctly that V5 will allow preselection and editing of multiple text entities at one time?

• It was always a bit inconvenient that textedit would only pick one line at a time (the tradeoff was that another return was not required for subsequent edits), but having the command restart ignoring a current selection, is worse.

This discussion has been closed.