HPGL/2 Plot files

Has anyone found a driver that will generate correct hpgl-2 plot file output from Intellicad? The HP designjet drivers are almost perfect, but sadly do not properly support ttf fonts.

Comments

• maybe it's a silly point, but have you tried to download the latest HP driver for your operating system?

• If it won't create the plot file properly, that suggests it would not plot the fonts directly either.

• I'm bumping this hoping for more feedback. As I said, the current HP drivers work perfectly EXCEPT they distort the ttf font output. I find it very odd nobody else mentions this problem anywhere, even google draws a blank. There is no better way to ship a drawing to a plotting service than as a hpgl/2 file, for us it is a must have. In fact this is more or less the only reason why we maintain an Acad license at our office (acad has native hpgl/2 drivers which can't be used by Bricscad)There is a generic HP hpgl/2 plotter driver that ships with Windows, which produces correct looking output. Unfortunately it generates files 10x the size of a file created in Acad. It also doesn't support custom paper sizes. Both these factors make it rather useless. I have tried windows plotter drivers from Encad and Oce, but am unable to produce hpgl/2 output from these (which is odd, since the Oce 9400 driver is my preferred plotter in Acad)I had a look at the Trixsystems site, as suggested above. I can only find pdf>hpgl conversion tools there, which is not what I'm looking for. In addition the pricing was ridicolous.Thanks for any suggestion you might have.

This discussion has been closed.