Plot Style

I am thoroughly confused about "plot style" in version 5.If I wish to plot a heavy solid line, a light solid line, a heavy dashed line, and a light dashed line, how many "plot styles" do I need to define?

Comments

• how many "plot styles" do I need to define?None: Simply set all the plot styles of your .CTB so that they use the 'object line type'. You set the line type to be used at 'entity' or at 'layer' level not in the CTB. This approach is the closest to what you did in IntelliCAD V4. Although a .CTB can create a specific plot syles that uses a specfic line type, in my view this is the exception not the rule. In that case one color will always use the line type you define in your .CTB; it will override the 'line type' as defined at 'entity' or at 'layer' level.When you create a new .CTB by importing a legacy .PCP file, all the of the 255 styles have their 'line type' set to 'solid'. Since the .CTB always wins (always has the last word), it overrides the 'line type' as defined at 'entity' or at 'layer' level.

• Ferdinand,Thanks for your reply.Sander gave me helpful guidance, and I'll put that in the next post - (Sander - hope you don't mind!).With Sander's help, I've been using CTB files to subdue the Ver 5 beast.Here's a tip: make a copy of the CTB you create for safekeeping, as it may get clobbered along the way, like mine did.Vaughn

• Here's Sander's quick response to my dilemma. It worked for me - your experience may be different.You'll need a PCP file from Ver 4._________________Open drawingGo to pagesetup (or print), first tab(configuration tab)Create new color table file next to 'plot style table' combo.This starts a wizard.Use the option to import the pcp,then in a later step, choose the pcp you sent.A .ctb (color table) file is created in the 'plot styles' subfolder.The .ctb file is attached to the drawing.So far so good. But if i edit the .ctb file(you can start the plotstyle editor from the print dialog), i see that all linetypes are set to solid.So the .ctb file set the linetype to solid instead of to entity linetype.Changing the linetype to entity linetype in the colortable fixes your problem.

This discussion has been closed.