2-problems survived into 4.1.0040

When I send xref'd files to Autocad users (2 or 3 different sites), they lose the ability to "see" the xref in the sheet drawings. All the sheet drawings are either xclipped or paperspaced. It is not a pathing issue. I can saveas R14, open and save in Icad98, then they read fine.If I redefine a block all instances of the block including its definition, disappear from the drawing as if it had been purged. It doesn't happen immediately, sometimes waiting to surprise when the file is reopened.

Comments

• Hello John,could you please provide us with a drawing that illustrates the problem of seemingly purged Xrefs,we'll be glad to investigate what is going wrong. The easiest way to provide us with a problem report and drawing is to enter it as a support request in the support section of the BricsCad website. Kind regards,Hans De Backer

• Oh well I solved the second problem - after redefining a block I have to define it again as if it did not exist in the drawing.Still get complaints from Autocad users if I don't save in Icad 98 first. Lucky xclip information is not lost in I98 since it does not actually have xclip.

• John,it would really help a lot if you zipped up some drawings that illustrate this and attach them to a support request.Thanks for helping us improve our products,Hans De Backer

• I had sent one and Bricscad could not repeat the error. I suggested it happens in Acad2004 but not sure about the earlier version you tried. I shall look for other files to send which I think will have a problem, but I am in a system of routinely converting them now

This discussion has been closed.