jpg's don't print

Hello,Up until today, I've been printing elevation sheets with .jpg photos, and all has worked well. Today, the jpg's will not print.What I get from the printer (and plotter) are white boxes with fine blue borders where the pictures should be.What's going on?VM

Comments

• More...The .jpg's show in Print Preview.

• I get some jpg's like that - they won't print from anywhere, not just from within a dwg.

• Do they ever print for awhile, and then stop printing?

• If you are asking me, no. Those which print, print. Those few which will not, some show in preview (in Irfanview or some such) but never print, and they often leave the machine unstable. W98, you get that. I can usually open them then save with a small change such as a variation in compression, then they are OK.

• John,Yes, I was asking you. Thanks for figuring that out.Your 'small change such as .. ' sounds interesting; however, I think I'm into deeper doo-doo.I have 6 drawing sheets for a presentation I'm planning to make on Friday. 3 of the sheets have .jpg pictures in them. All of a sudden, none of the sheets (each a separate .dwg file) will print showing a .jpg. I've run several check-sheets through the printer along the way without a problem.There is a work-around solution: print to PDF995 to create a .pdf file, and then print that. That works, except that the lineweights do something different, and the scales are wierd. Vaughn

• Sorry V, I had not looked carefully enough to see it was only a 2-way discussion. I have not used jpg's in dwgs much, all else I could suggest is either try using the image enabler or if you are already, there are a few settings, notably one for visibility.

• John,Wow. Hadn't thought of using Image Enabler!After fooling with it for a few minutes, I can change the frames from cyan to black, but the pictures still don't print.It looks like Image Enabler is a huge improvement over my cut-and-paste method.What do I need to do, BricsCad guys?VM

• Please enter this problem as a support request and attach the drawing and the jpg files. This should allow us to investigate and find out why the jpgs don't print as they indeed should.

• OK. Did that yesterday, but without an invitation. Will do again.Thanks. VM

• John, et al,Thanks to Hans De Backer at BricsCad, I think we've found the culprit.I had checked the "prints upside down" box to get my .pdf conversions to work. Apparently that wrecks the .jpg's for printing.I'm in a giant rush to get to a meeting, so have only tried with one .dwg, with success.Thanks, Hans, and all BricsCad people.VM

This discussion has been closed.