Polylines

I had this good idea. I draw a polyline with dotted linetype - it looks just like flexible duct if you give it a width corresponding to the flex diameter. But while the curved lines print faintly, the straight polylines with these particular properties don't print at all, nor show in ppreview. Is that normal? Complex linetypes don't seem to be quite there yet.

Comments

• I tried to reproduce this using the DOT linetype and a polyline that contains straight and curved segments, but it seems to print fine.Could you please provide us with a sample drawing and if possible also include a screenshot of the incorrect ppreview. The best way to go about is to enter this as a support request and attach a zip file to it.Thanks for helping us make better products.

• We have a customer who draws a flexible duct using polyline with a width but turns fillmode off! For curves, he splines the polyline! It looks good and acceptable but there are Autolisp routines that draws proper flexible ducts.

• Thanks for the suggestions, I usually draw splines and offset them. That works well but plines with a dotted linetype and width look very realistic, if only I could print them. Multi-part flexes (such as produced by lisp routines) are a real pain when you have to erase or move them.

• John,thanks for sending us the drawing.v4.1.0040 indeed gave the print results that you describe. As you may have heard, a lot of work was done to improve printing in BricsCad v5: there you will notice the problem has been solved and the print preview and printout now look fine. Best regards, Hans De Backer

This discussion has been closed.