program shutdown

I'm usinf BricscadV5pro and I'm experiencing constant program shutdowns.It happens when I 'm using, for instance, grips to extend a line or even just when moving the pointer around the viewport.Does anyone know how to solve this?thank younuno

Comments

• If it helps, I think my problem is the same that Phil Bixby reported on 3 Jul 18, 2004 5:09 PM.I can hardly work, it's crashing all the time and I'm saving every 30seconds or so!best regardsnuno

• Nuno,we've had similar reports where the cause was drawings containing some corrupt elements, notably when users were switching from Icad V3 to V5. Others, like Phil Bixby, reported the crashes are related to the Object Properties toolbar: when they close it, the problem goes away. We are further investigating this problem.Meanwhile, may I ask to file a support request and attach one or more of the drawings you were using when the problem occured. This helps us to find the cause.Best regards,Hans De Backer

• removing VBA from the installation aparently solves the problem for now (1 hour working without crashes so far)(thanks to the support team)nuno

• This is a long shot - In V3.04 from (another supplier) it was unstable and got to the stage it would not open any drawing. Reinstalling did not help. It was suggested it did not happen without VBA and that's partly why I still opt for the standard versions.Out of desparation and sheer trial and error I deleted Icad.dwg (or created a new one using Icad98 - can't remember which) and it worked again. But after that I did not have confidence to continue using that version.

• We still have program shut-down quite regularly after uninstalling VBA. So, at least on our system that is not the issue. It happens enough to make the program unusable.

• Try to uncheck "enable continous inertial motion in real-time" in TOOLS, OPTIONS, DISPLAY. That should do it (and you can reinstall VBA)That's my latest solution, so far has worked.good lucknuno gouveia

• Thanks for the suggestion, but in our case "Inertial motion" was not selected. I do suspect video issues, but I am at a loss about what else to try.

• I did have the same problem unitl I removed the Object Properties toolbar. Now it is practically crash proof, except when I have to work on some files created in Autocad. Some of these cause a great deal of trouble until I can reduce them to basic lines, circles etc. If I can manage to cut and paste them into an empty file they usually come good. Sometimes running them through Turbocad first is thge only way I can make them usable.Haven't been able to identify a particular thing which makes them bad, but I suspect if they had been Audited in Autocad first they would be OK.

• Nuno,thanks for sending us the DrWatson log about this crash: it allowed us to find out that the underlying cause was in one of the clipping functions used while generating the display. It was made more robust so the crashes are avoided. We will include it in our next intermediate release. This release will also contain improvements to avoid potential crashes related to Object Properties toolbar, and improve stability when working with drawings that contain corrupt elements.Best regards,Hans De Backer

• Hans, does that mean reading Autocad drawings might behave better too?

• I've traided AutoCAD for BricsCAD with the user that was having so much trouble with BricsCAD. Now that I've installed successfuly, (and didn't mess the menus up by importing AutoCAD MNS files) it is working well. I've worked for 2 hours without a crash. Note that I didn't load VBA (as a prior person suggested), and that I am not using ACIS solids, which the other user did extensively. I have one problem... as I rotate my UCS and then change views, sometimes the view of the object is all wrong , but I will first check the knowledge base before persuing it here.

• Glad I could be of some help.I've just experienced another crash, but this time seems different:I had pasted viewports and other objects in a new layout, but the viewports were missing. However they would sort of appear (just the grips, floating) when I made a window selection. When I tried to delete these items I got the crash.I'm glad you are improving stability... I could use some.thanksnuno

• Hans,When is the intermediate version coming out.... Our company is needing it badly to hopfully stop all the crashing.

• I had problem program shutdownonly when I my komp overloking athlon xpIf you have overlocer Athlon Xp on matherboard Abit you must normal speed I do not knew why?by

• One IntelliCad crash my computer when overloker Athlon Xp

This discussion has been closed.