3-d Snap bug and dimension problem

I've ran into two problems, which if I can't resolve will mean I must abandon BricsCAD. Tech support was not able to resolve them, but I was hoping that someone here may have found a work around. I work exclusively in 3-D. Most of the objects I draw are polyface meshes which represent square tubing for a welded structure. When I am stretching the sides to fit another piece, I often must use an intersection snap. But, in many cases this will fail. Actually, at times, AutoCAD has the same problem. In that situation I can often get it to work by tracing lines over the edge I am working on. Then apparently I give the program another target to find the intersections of. However, now even that work around is not working. The other problem I ran into was when drawing leaders while a UCS is active. The leader lines are drawn on the world coordinate system while you are creating the leader (which is not a big deal), but when you are finished the arrow head is always rotated to be flat to the WCS. I should add that overall, I have found BricsCAD to be more stable than AutoCAD 2002 on my machine. There are fewer crashes with BricsCAD,

Comments

• Snaps sometimes stop working in some larger files of mine after some time editing (in 2D), not often enough to really annoy. It is worse if one or both lines have a linetype other than continuous or trying to snap to a block. I can largely avoid the problem by having flyover snapping turned on, although that is a bit slow. Restarting the program also starts snaps working again.

• I find that intersection snaps work on polyface entities like box and cone, but don't snap to the intersection of two planes if that is what you are trying to do.Intersection snaps do not work on Solids. Use endpt.

• The funny thing is that it will sometimes work on the polyface meshes. Other times it won't and in that case I attempt to work around it by drawing over the edge using ordinary lines. (I sometimes need to use this work-around when AutoCAD won't find the snap) However, in the few times I tried this work-around with BricsCAD, it didn't work.Joe Dunfee

This discussion has been closed.