printing

Thought maybe some of you cad gurus could help me outon this one. When I try to print "big file" drawings myprinter times out. To work around it I zoom in on eachview of the drawing and print it one at a time. My guessis my HP 1100 needs more memory to handle large filedrawings. Currently it has only 2MB and holds up to 18MB. Would adding more memory make a difference?

Comments

• There usally is a setting on one of the printer tabs that lets you use the computers memory instead of the plotter,s memory. It takes a little longer to plot but should fix your problem.

• I was getting a problem with the HPdj220 with 2m ram - sometimes it would issue a timeout error message but the printer had seized and had to be turned off/on. Then it would continue the job usually without further incident, but if I tried sending multiple files it would quite likely do it again. RAW data worked better than EMF.It never used to behave like that, the problems seemed to coincide with a disastrous installation of Icad V3.04 (not Bricscad) and never went away. Previously I could print anything and any number of spooled files. It never mattered that an entire job might not fit in the plotter at once.I recently bought a 2nd hand HP350c with 36m ram, partly to see if the memory would help. It works well, but hardly any better than the 220 in its prime. One big print job can still fill the memory while others wait on the HD. The only real advantage seems to be processed smaller jobs can be ready in the plotter as soon as it initialises a new sheet.I can't work it out, nor find any advice or much evidence that all that extra ram helps much.

This discussion has been closed.