Printing Polylines

I'm having a serious problem printing polylines. I have a HP1220C printer that I have been using as a B size plotter. In v2.0.0036, I created a series of drawings and they printed just fine. I have tried setting the color of the polylines to black or white. I have also tried setting the printcolors to black or white. If I set the color of the polylines to any other color they'll print. I've tried sending a message to tech support but haven'treceived and answer yet. Can one of you folks help me out here? Can I uninstall this "improved" version and reinstall my previous version?ThanksRon StephensonIndustrial Data Systems, inc.rcstephenson@industrialdatasystems.com

Comments

• I also have a HP 1120C printer installed, and polylines do print. But I just found out something rather strange. I work on a white screen background, so if I want black lines on the screen, I have to choose color no. 7, which is white on a black screen background. Also when I print, I choose color no. 7 if I want black lines only. The color/pen width table says this is white, but I did'nt care about this message (thought it was because of my background color). But it seems this also counts when the screen background is set to black: then also you need to select color no. 7 for black print out. Is this your problem?

• This seems to be the problem. However, when I implemented the settings that worked for you, they would not work. The closest I have come to a workaround is to set the screen color to 255 and the print color to 255. Then the polylines print. What i have determined is that whether they are set to white or black in any combination, they will not print. Either as color 7 or color 256. I had to correct one drawing in a 30 drawing set created with an earlier version of Icad2000 ver2.0.0036. In that version they worked just like they did in Autocad14. They printed just fine. I had just installed ver 2.2.0019 and made the corrections to this drawing. When I tried to print it, it puked on my shoes. I'd hate to have to turn a set of drawings over to a customer with one oddball in the set. There has to be a way to make this work like it used to. If not, why did Bricsnet screw with something that was working?

• Have you tried the color mapping within the print command. Map a black line on the screen to print as white, which for most HP drivers is Black.

This discussion has been closed.