VBA: set plotting scale ?

hello everybody,for a vba-application i need the possibility to set the plotting scale. i figured out that it is possible to read the scale via the function:Intellicad.PlotManager.PlotProperties.scalebut i didn't find a possibility to set this property - can anybody tell me how i can set the plotting scale?regardshelmut

Comments

• Hi Helmut,I have not worked with this part of VBA, just adding a thought... Using the Object Browser one learns that the object Scale of Plotproperties is defined as a String. Other objects like OriginX, OriginY, Rotate are defined as Double or Single, suggesting that the Scale object is not a property you can set, only read (as you already stated).Gerrit

• thank you for your answer gerrit.if that is true, what gerrit says, does anybody know if there is another way to set the plotscale, via lisp or something else?regardshelmut

• Intellicad is baving pretty stange sometimes in VBA.For example.if you define myPM as the thisdocument.application.plotmanagerdim myPM as Intellicad.Plotmanagerset myPM = thisdocument.application.plotmanagerthen this does not work:with myPM .plotproperties.scale = "_F" '(makes it fit to paper)end withBut the following code doeswith myPM.plotproperties .scale = "_F"end withit's the 2 times the same code..... but even if you set it in VBA, it will not always be reflected in the plot settings in your drawing.Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn'tDon't know why I'm afraid.An other way to plot is by using runcommand application.runcommand "plot"and then all options you would like to use. you can also input Extends and Fit.Hope it helps

This discussion has been closed.