Layers

I would like to report a strange problem (bug?) with layers. I inserted some blocks onto layer '0', and then decided to change their layer to 'bridgepins' by selecting them and changing the layer entry in the property window. However if I try turning on and off their visibility in the drawing explorer, they respond to another layer that was current at the time I did the change (I am sorry it is a bit complicated). In other words, the drawing explorer thinks they are on one layer, but under their properties window they are on another (a case of schizophrenia). Is this a known problem?

Comments

• Hi,Am not sure if the following is causing your confusion: when you create a block the entities you select for the block are placed on layers. The block instance itself is also placed on a layer. So, if you want to turn the visibility of for the entire block (all the entities within the block) you can turn off (or freeze) the layer on which the block resides (you can change this layer as you described in you post); however as the entities within this block are also placed on layers you can turn on or off severall parts contained within a block, without turning on or off the entire block.To change the layers on which the entities are placed within the block you have to recreate the block definition.One exeption: when the original entities you used for the block are on layer 0 they will take the layer of the block. So if you want all entities to be placed on the same layer as the block itself you have to set these on layer 0 when creating the block.Hope this helps,Bart

• Thanks a lot for your reply. I had not thought of it and of course you are rightTony

This discussion has been closed.