Popupmenus in wrong place.

Why is it that if I rightclic an item on a drawing the popupmenu comes up on the cursor (great) but subsequent popups come up in one corner. I think this is annoying. (like multiple copies etc) .Couldnt this be changed ? What does you ather guys think?Patrik

Comments

• I think you are talking of 2 different (popup) menus. You have the Context menu and Prompt boxes.The Prompt Box pops-up and displays the available options of the current command (the command options can be selected both in the Prompt box menu or at the Command line). The top of the Prompt Box displays the name of the active command (shown on in capitals on blue back-ground). Depending on the active command the length and the available options are different (for instance see the difference between LINE and SELECT command).BricsCad keeps track of the position of where to open these Prompt boxes. If you drag a Prompt box to a new location, you will notice that your subsequent Prompt boxes will open at this new location.On the other hand you cannot not control the position the Context menu because it opens at your current cursor position. This is as designed.

• That would often be better, but for the times when you ignore the popup (such as when you just need a single pick), it would be right where you want to go much more often than it is now. I don't think it can win, that's why many don't use it even though it can be very useful.

This discussion has been closed.