plotting

I am having problems automating printing. I have installed v5.0.0023 and plotting was to have some renovations.1.I have a .ctb file that has all colors changed to black. I run thru my code and specify the .ctb file. No errors. However, it prints in grayscale.2.I set the paper orientation to landscape. However, it prints portrait.Set pcf =ActiveDocument.ModelSpace.LayoutSet plt = ActiveDocument.PlotConfigurations.Add("Model")rot = 1ctb = "nocolor.ctb"pcf.StyleSheet = ctbplt.StyleSheet = ctbpcf.PaperOrientation = rotplt.PaperOrientation = rotAny suggestions? thanks for any help.

Comments

• I do get an error when using the codepcf.paperorientation = rotplt.paperorientation = rotI don't get an error when using pcf.plotrotation = rotplt.plotrotation = rotHowever, I get the results I am looking for if I make these changes at the windows level. There has got to be a better way? I would have to create and implement 4 pc3 files to cover a user printing preference for just 8.5x11,11x17 Portrait,Landscape combonations. What am I to do with custom paper sizes? The amounts could be endless?!

• Until now, indeed, you needed a pc3 for every paper format, which was cumbersome.For our upcoming release(this month) we have implemented the mechanism now to use the paper format from the layout, so you only need one pc3 to handle different papersizes. We also fixed cases where data from the layout was used instead of from the plot configurationdata. It should all work in the coming release.regards, Alexander Van HeuverzwynBricscad

• I got it to plot what I wanted despite not understanding what the plot style business was really all about in 5.0.0023.Then I initiated a subsequent plot from the printer icon since the same parameters were required, it printed all in screen colours when black was expected.Perhaps that's normal and perhaps the print manager thing is to match Autocad but I find it cumbersome and complicated after what I thought was a very functional system in the past.I was asked to email a .cbt or some such with a file to an Acad user (before upgrading from 4.?? which did not have them anyway), but I don't even know if that would contain the correct parameters because of all the choices.I am smart enough to write some lisp OK & used cad professionally for 20 years but this has lost me - it's like learning to play Bridge for a simple plot.

• I do agree that despite the good intentionsit did get muh more complicated.Atleast if you dont use paperspace.Patrik

This discussion has been closed.