rendering and animating 3D

helloI came across this incredible piece of open source software called Blender3D. It levels with 3DStudio, only... for free! The problem is that bricscad export possibilities are not entirely accepted by Blender3D. The actual problem is that 3Dsolids within a DXF file are not red by blender3D. So, if anyone is also interested in lobbying in order to convince either people at Bricscad ot at Blender to make these compatible, it would be great. But first, check out Blender3D at http://www.blender3d.orgbest regardsnuno

Comments

• As you may realize, it is beyond our reach to modify the Blender code... As a workaround you may want to create a dedicated 'blender ' version of a dwg and use the 3DCONVERT command to convert all ACIS solids to less fancy DWG element types that are understood by Blender.Kind regards,Hans

• I'm not at all disappointed with bricscad, but just trying to meet a personnal goal. If others are intereted, maybe either Bricscad or Blender will make things meet. If it works, good, otherwise I'll just buy some sort of translator. No problemthanksnuno

• I had been looking for several years for rendering and presentation software for AutoCAD and Bricscad. I purchased both Bryce 5 and TruSpace 6.6 to no avail. The translators for simple 3-d models and basic 3-d landscape sites were totally unacceptable. I purchased licenses for both Autodesk VIZ 5 and World Builder 4 and I have to say the grief, frustration and learning curve would have been well worth the wait to purchase programs that really work for native format drawings. (Bryce and TruSpace are outstanding programs, just not suited for carrying over raster to vector dwg files) I realize you're discussing "Blender" but just wonder if you may be facing similar problems..........

• I've been using Abvent's ArtLantis 4.5 which works pretty well at importing .dwg files withou too much fiddling around. Plus it's pretty affordable - although I understand there's a new version on its way which will be significantly better (for example will make proper use of multiprocessors - about time too!). I don't have BCad Pro so I don't have issues with ACIS solids, but I seem to remember ArtLantis doesn't recognise them either, so a de-ACIS'd version would still need to be created before letting ArtLantis loose on it.Unlike some of the products mentioned in this thread ArtLantis has only one aim in life - rendering interiors and exteriors of 3D models of buildings. Lighting is excellent, surfaces and textures are pretty flexible, and people / trees / vehicles etc can be added.Phil BixbyYork, UK

• I still believe that the best solution is not to have to export the DWG file. I ve been working for years with Autocad and Accurender and it´s just great. Mainly because you can try a lot of design solutions, finishes, elements position without leaving the CAD program, without having to export, convert, look in the render software, then go back to the CAD to adjust something, and so on. My dream is to have Accurender working with Bricscad.

• The thing is that blender3d has two great advantages: it is pretty good and, unlike the other examples, it is for free, nuno

• BricsCAD + Accurenderyou have my vote in this

• LightWorks would be fine if it was a full implementation of the software. It works within Bricscad now, but the implementation has been shot in the foot. Its time for a SUPERBCAD with full implementation.Just a thought.

• For something slightly better than what we have try this http://www.modelpress.com/ ITS FREE and I like it Shading hitten lines cutting planes .

This discussion has been closed.