Undo gives up working...

Undo gives up working... often. Nevertheless things are being done (deleted) but you don't see it on the screen. It's out of control. From Autocad and IntelliCad 98 I'm used to rely on this command, but in v.2.2.0019 I can't. Anything to do to avoid the problem?

Comments

• You may want to check out earlier discussions on Undo bugs:http://community.bricsnet.com/forums/read.php?f=33&i=868&t=779Some of the tips may still apply, even if Undo has been rewritten for later Bricsnet Intellicad version. In short, use lisp routines with caution.

• I have just discovered that my LISP routines that have such statements as:(command ".UNDO" "BEGIN")or(command ".UNDO" "MARK")or (command ".UNDO" "END").... AND SO ON .... in them will confuse the ICAD UNDO command. Since my routines are used in both AutoCAD 2000 and ICAD2000 I started to input this statement in them to test if I am in ICAD or ACAD. If I am in ACAD then it will still allow the UNDO statement to be executed. If in ICAD (which returns ACADVER = "14i") the UNDO command is blocked from executing.Here is a typical test: ;This for IntelliCAD Compatability ;If we are in ACAD then it will do the UNDO command ;========================================== (if (/= (getvar "ACADVER") "14i") (command ".undo" "begin") );endifBest of luck!

• I have just discovered that my LISP routines that>have such statements as:>>(command ".UNDO" "BEGIN")>or>(command ".UNDO" "MARK")>or>(command ".UNDO" "END")>>.... AND SO ON .... in them will confuse the ICAD>UNDO command. Since my routines are used in both>AutoCAD 2000 and ICAD2000 I started to input this>statement in them to test if I am in ICAD or>ACAD. If I am in ACAD then it will still allow>the UNDO statement to be executed. If in ICAD>(which returns ACADVER = "14i") the UNDO>command is blocked from executing.>>Here is a typical test:>>;This for IntelliCAD Compatability>;If we are in ACAD then it will do the UNDO>DO command>;==========================================>(if (/= (getvar "ACADVER") "14i")>(command ".undo" "begin")>);endif>>Best of luck!The problem appears with .UNDO because in it's undocode the undocommand itself gets special treatment and intellicad does a string comparison looking for the command. It sees "undo" and "_undo" but it forgets to check a few options.So the fix will be in the first build after 2.2.0025. Meanwhile, use "_undo" or "._UNDO". This works when called in lisp as well as directly.regards, sanderbricsnet

This discussion has been closed.