Unwanted greyscale plotting

Plotting polylines and planes etc. results in a greyscale fill, but they should be black (normally), and so they do in IntelliCad 98. Printing coloured these become coloured - but not in the colours of the entities. Printing black and white, in my laserprinter (A4) these become black, but not in HP DesignJet (A0) and DeskJet. There is no "box" to turn greyscale to true black in the setup, and adjusting the lightness isn't helpful. How to solve this? It's a serious problem about the information on the drawings..Personally I think the best thing would be if this was a property - setting the entity to be true black or not. Or should there be separate buttons for true black?

Comments

• You must assign color 7 as output color for all pens in the plot dialog box.

• Also, check the settings in you print driver (not IntelliCAD's print window, yours for your particular plotter driver properties); I found a setting " turn all grayscale to black" under color control that had to be checked to get true black fills.

• Sorry, IÂm already using color 256 (black), and color 7 isnÂt helpful.IÂve also checked for a setting " turn all grayscale to black", but there isnÂt any (except lightness adjusting).

• He is right use colour 7 as black. Black does not map as black for some reason.White does.Good luck / Patrik

• Yes, white is blacker than black. When you plot to most of the newer HP devices, whether out of ICAD or ACAD, thier drivers see black as the first greyscale. To solve the problem of not using white in your drawing but wanting black plotted is to go to File>Print>Color/Width Map and there you can map all of the colors you want printed as black set to white. You can also save this plot configuration to a .pcp file by selecting the Advanced tab next to the Color/Width Map tab a press the Save button under Configuration File.

This discussion has been closed.