issue list

I first purchased IntelliCAD late in November of 2000 and played with it on some small work thinking that additional development needed to be done to compete in a big way with AutoCAD [we run R14]. This attitude changed when v202.0019 came to my attention through e-mail. I downloaded the new version and installed it early that evening. Since that time, I have done the schematic design for a 350 seat church plus office, as well as a layout for some landscaping at a local university. So far, I have experienced the problem with true type fonts listed by others but have not found the problem to be as severe a headache for me. I do have a problem with the speed of working in paperspace [on a drawing of 1 plus Mb, I find it takes 30 or more seconds for the machine to fulfill one command]. This is on a AMD 900mhz based machine with an ATI Radeon 32meg DDR video card. I sent one of my files to Bricsnet for evaluation about 2 weeks ago and the tech reviewing the problem sent it to the development team to review. If anyone out there has any idea of what the problem is, please let me know. With respect to lisps, I find that those I have written to speed up architectural work have functioned without a problem to date. Otherwise, the following are some items or tools that I think need refining [if others think of tools or issues that need resolving, please add to the list]:IntelliCAD IssuesThe following is a listing of tools needed in order for Intellicad to be as useful if not more useful as AutoCAD· Tool to convert dtext to mtext· Editable hatching so that patterns, pattern angle, and pattern scales can be changed without having to rehatch· E-snapping in paperspace of modelspace objects· A layer manager that allows the control of layers in viewports in paperspace or configuration of the copy entity formatting button so that it applies to the layers of paperspace viewports· The Explorer system of looking at layers, text styles, etc. is good but seems to be slow in that it is having to check the files database each time. Would it speed up the process if a temporary file were generated and somehow linked in the background and modified when some change were made. That way the Explorer information would not have to be regenerated each time it is required. Another handy item would be to allow the layers to be filtered through "view"· Tools to turn off, freeze, and do some other work with layers without going into the Explorer. I down loaded some lisps which accomplish this but it might be faster if these tools were built in. The download was from Cadalyst and was listed as the following: Tip1478: NESTLYR.LSP Nested Layers (c)1998, Michael Partenheimer. It works well enough in model space but care must be used in trying to apply to paperspace.

Comments

• More.... Must beable to esnap to locked layers. Must be able to snap to layers in Model space while in Paper space. Polygonal vports in Paper space (luxury item though). Multiple Paper space tabs (MS Excel and AutoCAD like - another luxury request). Fix TTF problems

• More:-After using real time pan or rotate, ghost crosshairs remain on screen requiring a redraw.-Winline or similar is needed, all other hpgl2 drivers I tried produce significantly larger plts, that is critical if you send your plts over the Internet or direct modem connection to a print shop.-Extend bug - some time the extend command does not work. -Extend with lines in different ucs's should not change the ucs of the extended line.-Pop 0 is not transparent anymore( although there is a workaround, you can manually editthe icm file - see the forum). *-With the addition of fly-over snapping, the other old icons that indicate the active esnapshould be eliminated (when using fly over snapping, at least); they have no use and specially the one indicating multiple esnaps flickers as we move the mouse, it is only an nnecessary distraction.-Esnap to 3d polylines does not work with some vertices.-Undo bug is almost gone, but it is still there-I think 3d solids and other Autocad-compatibility items will be critical in the (near?) future.----------------------------------------------------bugs introduced with version 220019 or 220016

• Two Additional Issues:1. I discovered today that my ploter is not plotting polylines and donuts.2. In the middle of a session the hatch function stopped working after having hatched earlier in the same drawing. In other drawings the hatching continues. In the original drawing, the command line says that the area is invalid for any area I click on. Typing hatch at the command line seems to work until the final enter and then no hatch is generated. Any idea of what is going on??

• A real timesaver would be to have Direct Distance Entry work as in Acad. At present, it only works with the LINE command. The @100,0 gets real annoying once you are used to just typing 100.

• More:It is not possible to esnap to blocks!...

• The esnap to blocks is a bit strange. If the block has been stored in the drawing sometimes it is not possible to esnap to it. What you have to to then is to reload the block from file and overwrite it. Usually it starts to be snappable again. Try it.

This discussion has been closed.