solids modeling

Does BricsCAD V6 offer a big improvement in the creation and editing of solids? V4 Pro hasn't been as useful for me as I had hoped it wold be when I purchased it. Any user comments would be welocme!Thanks!

Comments

• So, what would you want? It's comparable with Autocad R14 at the moment, and not much has been added to Autocad since, as far as I'm aware. Yes, we'd all like guide curve lofting :)Personally, I wish there was support in Intellicad for 3D Connexion controllers. Anyway, I mainly use Alibre or Inovate for solids.Miles

• Sorry, make that Autocad 2000 instead of R14.Miles

• I guess I'm talking about the relatively poor performance in completing "simple" ACIS editing tasks such as move face, offset face, combining solids, subtracting solids, etc.I'm trying to find out if upgrading my license to V6 would eliminate the sluggish and iffy performance when creatig and editing solids. Does rendering allow surface mapping now also?

• I would like to see some improvements in solids too. Like stretch solids, a decent render program as an add on. I believe that there is a compatibility issue with Autocad. Autodesk has the same old Acis solids engine of version 14 or 2000, I believe as a way to sell Inventor, if you want to really work with 3D. Anyway is very hard to work with Bricscad in 3D as it is today, specially if you look at programs like Turbocad that does almost anything in 3D.

This discussion has been closed.