installation error

After trying to install a DOS program Bricscad ceased tofunction. So I uninstalled it and upon trying to reinstall it Iget this message at the license agreement stage: "unhandledexception" error number: 0x80040707. Description: DLLfunction call crashed: licensemanager3.is featurelicensed.Set up will terminate. P-L-E-A-S-E if anyone has seen this andknows what to do clue me in. I'm about to reformat becauseat this point that's the only solution I can come up with. Thisis the latest version of course.

Comments

• If you are using XP, go to system restore and pick an earlier date than your dos installation and restore your system. Then try installing bricscad again, it might help.

• We're trying to find out what could be wrong. More information was sent to you by email.

• I tried system restore but to no avail. Forgot to mentionthis is for Win XP SP2. Thanks for trying to help. Currentlytrying sfc utility to scan the protected window fies.

• Never mind! Problem found! The dos program apparentlychanged the system clock to the year 2097. After resettingit all is fine. Lesson learned! DOS is indeed dead!

• Don't know if you can blame DOS for a program which does that, you wouldn't blame windows... Only relatively more recent DOS progs. even had an installation which usually consisted of creating directories, copying the files and perhaps a batch file to start it.Apart from multi-tasking, if the machines had been as fast then as now, we might still be debating relative benefits. Early acad on windows was painfully slow compared with R12 in Dos. And not very stable either (did they ever make a stable version of autocad apart from maybe dos-R12?)

This discussion has been closed.