2d Projection

how do I create a 2d projection of acis solids such as one would create with soldraw or solprof in Autocad ? I have created them with 3dconvert and flatten but they are unusable because of the many lines created in the process.

Comments

• I have problems with 3dconvert too. So far, 3dconvert is (apparently) useless. We have to lobby for a usabele version :-). So, keep posting...nuno

• We are also looking for this solution too.Please advise if there are commands similar to AutoCAD's solview, soldraw and solprof to automatically generate sectional views. If not, does anyone have a lisp or vba routine to help? Thanks!

• An old method used back on AutoCAD version 10, was to plot to an HPGL file. Then there was a command to import it back into AutoCAD, HPGLIN. I don't know if the HPGLIN command is available, but I have seen utilities on the internet to convert HPGL into DXF files.Joe Dunfee

• Dont ask me but maybe this i something that could be an addon.http://www.spatial.com/products/phlv5.htmlI have no idea about pricing an difficulty in implementing. But the modeler seems not to be too expensive so maybe this could help. The hidden line today is not much to wright home about. If this van be ised for flattening I dont know.Patrik

• HMM maybe I should use a spellchecker.

This discussion has been closed.