Come on Bricsnet ...

Don't just read this Bricsnet. Listen to all your users problems with TTF's. Tell us when we are at least likely to have the problem fixed.TTF PLOTING PROBLEMS======================1. Height and Spacing changes in MTEXT2. They do not plot filled3. They come out semi boldThis is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR problem. We need to communicate with consultants. We are sometimes locked in to using a font such as ARIAL. We could use SIMPLEX and the problem will go away, but our consultants and clients demand ARIAL and other TTFs.PLEASE FIX QUICK. LET US KNOW BY WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED AT LEAST!!!

Comments

• EVERYONE....LET'S MAKE THIS INTO A PETITIONREPLY AND SAY: "I AGREE AS WELL"MAYBE THEN WE WILL GET SOME RESPONSE.

• I AGREE AS WELL!!!!

• Sorry..I disagreeTTF was a brain-dead idea to begin with and consultants orclients that force the propagation in CAD documents aredoing everyone a disservice. They should be convinced tostop using them...TTF have caused many problems. A goodsupply of SHX fonts can produce equivalent effects..

• Its not as much a good idea bad idea issue.I believe it to be a compatibility issue. In order to be in sync with the bulk of the world using AutoCAD, we must get the TTF issue fixed.I believe this is the biggest compatibility problem remaining.

• Regarding TTF not plotting filled: This may be unrelated, but I noticed my TTF Garamond was plotting very grayish but if you looked closely the fill was there. I solved it with a setting in my plot driver (standard windows driver) that I stumbled on under Color Control, by checking the box to turn all grayscale to true black. It's now filled black, but I haven't tried a lot of other TTF's.

• Just as a clarification on point 1 in original message about Height and Spacing changing:When I say they change I mean 2 things.1. In the plot preview of TTF's (Mtext and non-Mtext) they are shown smaller than they are. They plot OK though (see below).2. If you write a piece of MTEXT in AutoCAD and consequently open it in ICAD you will find that the line spacing has been squashed up so that a note in Mtext that fits in a rectange of say 50mm x 100mm (2" x 4") will now only occupy around 50mm x 75mm (2" x 3"). Try it and tell me if you get the same. I use 2.2.0016 ICAD and AutoCAD 2000. I haven't tested it the other way around. It seems though tha the ICAD line spacing is not the same as ACAD.3. Also the larger notes have the following characteristics: a) If my layer is color Yellow and I said in the plot color map for Yellow to plot Black. I get a black outline with Yellow infill (when using any TTF such as Arial). This is only noticeable on large text (more than 7mm high). b) If I set my text layer color to white/black then I get the Infill to be a very dark grey but not black. I dare say if you set you printer settings to plot only in black this will probably be fixed. A problem though if you do both black and color plots all the time. c) I also noticed that if my Arial text are set up to plot 0.25mm thick in AutoCAD and the same in ICAD, the result is very different. The 0.25mm thick text plotted in AutoCAD are closer to the correct pen thickness than the ICAD ones. ICAD text look around 0.5mm thick (double). ICAD seems to draw the outline of each character in 0.25mm. Therefore it comes out thicker. However ACAD treats the whole thing as single line and it comes out right. Bricsnet should look at this point seriously....Which reminds me.... Bricsnet have made no comments as yet regarding this...NOW!!To solve the spacing problem I exploded the MTEXT in ACAD (so you just get single line text). When I open it in ICAD the 50mm x 100mm (2" x 4") text rectangle now occupies the same area in ICAD too. At least this fixes the line spacing but too bad if you prefered MTEXT!!The rest of the probs remain. I suspect the only work around to the rest would be to use SHX (standard ACAD/ICAD non-TTF) fonts.My direct e-mail: av@computersupport.itgo.com

This discussion has been closed.