Customizing Bricscad always saves to the registry

I have noticed that when you use the Customize menu the settings are saved to the registry no matter how you end the program.It would be "normal" not to save when you cancelled the dialog, by using the cross in upper right corner, but here the saving is also going on.It is quite a heavy task to save the settings (i can hear it on the CPU)There are no way to cancel or regret the changes in the way it works now.Svend Nielsen

Comments

• You can use Reset in the bottom right of the dialogue box, that will put it back to original condition. I never liked the way it saved to the registry, but it has always been that way.

• I know that but it is not normal that it saved when I cancel/exit.If I want to save I have the buttons to do that from, but no button to cancel what ever I have done.Even if you do nothing the saving is going on when to close the program.Svend

• While on the same subject, IMO the Reset button should not be as easily accessible, due to its destructive nature.

• Yes I agree with both points, even Esc saves changes. There are no second chances, only keep changes or reset. The only defense is to save versions of the menu before you make new modifications which you might not want to keep.It's inconsistent in the windows environment which asks if you are sure you want to scratch your bum, though it is consistent in all iterations of Icad.

• this problem is real enough. In order to be able to cancel the dialog without committing changes , we need to create a temporary storage of the complete datastructure of menus, toolbars, aliases and shortcuts. This was never implemented. It's going to take a bit of work to implement this, and we're not going to start on this in the near future. Meanwhile the easiest way to try out different customizations of menus through the GUI while safeguarding your current menu, is to make copies of your userprofile. The userprofilemanager tool can do this.

This discussion has been closed.