Plot to file problem with OCE TDS 400

Hi,I don't manage to plot to file with this plotter; I have installed the driver properly, i think. I select " plot to file " in the dialog box, i write a name for my plot, and then when i launch the plot to file ... bricscad doesnt respond anymore. Peculiarly, i manage to plot to file with a HP 650 C, but in the shop where i go for printing, they have only a OCE TDS 400...Need help - Thx in advance - Richard Stas

Comments

• http://www.aspenrepro.com/lgFormat.htm...says HP650c should work for the oce. If it won't, perhaps the shop could advise which hp emulation works for their plotter. I believe I had problems plotting on an (older) oce where I worked once, until I used a hpgl2 driver - the Oce manual listed alternative drivers.If they can't or won't, it might be better to send PDF files. They are large but relatively foolproof which is quite appropriate for some places I send files :)

• Hello,Now i do a PDF File with PDFCREATOR. All seems to work except for images ( jpg) i insert in the drawing. The size of the file PDF is more than 80 Mega !!! I don't understand why. The problem comes from the JPG image inserted.Thx for an idea to reduce the size of the pdf file - Richard Stas

• I haven't made a PDF from a dwg with an image, so I am not sure. I have been using PDF995 (which works very well and I intend to pay for) but can't say it is any better. I think my drawings usually make PDF's approx double the dwg file size, but they don't reduce by zipping as dwgs do.

This discussion has been closed.