"polar_snap?"

It may well be that I'm having a senior moment here but for all my manual reading and tinkering with setting dialogues, I cannot seem to get my snapping to entities to work correctly. The snapping appears to want to point only to the underlining grid which I have toggled off.Or is it the drawing setup itself?Can be got here : http://www.snapafun.co.nz/Coupling.dwgIn AutoCAD all I needed to do was to set the snap setting to polar if that helps understand where I'm at.Note, in Autocad I was doing this in 3D dwgs all the time and am only assuming I can do this with BricsCAD as well.

Comments

• Hello Frank from a fellow user,I loaded your drawing and the entity snap works O.K. for me if I turn off 'Settings->Snap' but leave on 'Settings->Entity Snap->Entity Snap Settings...' and turn on endpoint, midpoint, etc. and so forth.I'm running Redhat 9 with wine-20050524-1rh9winehqYours,

• Thanks John, that is exactly whay I was after.Any suggestions for an icon to replace having to type _UCS to get the ucs menu. In fact a whole toolbar of the entries in that menu has it's appeal. ( Got spoilt with this in AutoCAD )Regardless, your reply greatly appreciated.

• Go to View->Toolbars->CostumizeThere you can find the UCS icon in the Settings group together withe the´Explore Coordinate Systems´ icon.Regards,Henk Jan

This discussion has been closed.