Native Linux Bricscad

Are there any plans for native Linux Bricscad version.I hope that Bricscad adapted for running under Wine is just a temporary solution.Best regards, Ljubo

Comments

• I would like to see bricscad ported natively to linux too best regards, Ricardo

• AutoCAD is on the 2nd place in the Novell's Linux App Request survey.http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/16798.htmlIMHO, AutoCAD will not port AutoCAD to Linux in the near future so this is a great opportunuty for Bricscad to improve his position as the only complete dwg compatible solution for Linux.IMO, running on WINE should be only a temporary solution.Best regards, Ljubo

• As for the novell survey I send them an email saying that now there is a good CAD program running on linux, BricsCad, because they did not put it as a posssible solution but they did not put that comment and still appear other cad programs not compatible with autocadregards, Ricardo

• I support the call for 'Native Linux' also

• A native Linux version would be great, I have hadno success with the Wine version i bought.

• I also hope for a native solution

• We plan to have our native version ready second half of next year.Best regards,Hans De BackerDevelopment - BricsCad

• Thanks Hans!I really like this news!How are you going to fill up the gap of the wine api then? Are you going to intergrate some off the wine code in bricscad or redesign some things so you dont need the wine api?Best regards,Emiel

• No wine code will be integrated, nor will there be any dependencies left on MFC, more details will be disclosed later on.Best regards,Hans

• Any posible date for the release?

• Can the Native Linux BricsCAD release ASAP?

• Really nice to hear that a native version for Linux will come. I would hope it could be here sooner, but i guess it´s not possible. However, will a linux version be released at the same time or hopefully even earlier? I also hope that you will have a debian version working in kubuntu for example released soon.Best regards, Conny

• I mean: Will a linux version of Architecturals be released at the same time or hopefully even earlier?

• well, here we are.... "second haf of nex year".And????????????Any news about this native BricsCad?It would e really nice to get rid of all those dual boots, VMWare, etc....Can anyone from Bricsys give us details about the release?I think that many people count on it and need it to plan their CAD infrastructure....Thanx for your efforts, anyways.

PASTE CODE HERE
  • i'm start thinking that it was a trick... now is 9.1.2 for windoze is out... and for linux version no info at all...v8 runing under wine but i stil could not print... from V8 freesses... and then i has message that it was error and i need to resave and restart prog...

• Hi Ljubo,Probably you missed our latest information about this. Please go to topic "new version" on this Bricscad LINUX forum and read tread # 23. There I have explained the status and planning for the native LINUX version.I hope it convinces you.Thanks erik

• thank you one more time mr.Keyser:) i am very glad to here that you still want linux version... because others is not :(try to understand us we really want this version to touch... it like mirage :)of course we(i am) are waiting

• Here we are also looking for some other CAD solution to AutoCAD ..And as we're in a mixed environment it would be nice to have Windows AND Linux Version (native)So please release a Linux native version soon.. We would already need it :)Best WishesWerner

• please, please, PLEASE Brycspeople... Hurry up with the first realeases of a native Linux V.9 Brycscad... We promise NOT to complain with any problems and crashes, NOT to use it in a productive environment while in alpha and beta phases, etc. etc., YES, but please COME UP with the software...A representative of the sad (so far...) Linux CAD community

This discussion has been closed.