Crashing; Layer Manager

I've recently downloaded the Intellicad evaluation software. Generally it seems much more usable than previously, or than the Cadopia version. XCLIP and running visible OSNAPS are good. However, I have 2 serious concerns:1. Intellicad seems much more prone to crashing than AutoCAD. Over approx. 3 hours of evaluation it's crashed at least 8 times, especially when selecting areas for the HATCH command.2. There doesn't seem to be a LAYER MANAGER, as in ACAD R14. The ability to save and retrieve different layer settings is essential for me to work with floor plans where all plan information (demo, floor, ceiling, furniture) is in one file.Are these concerns common? Is there a patch or work-around available? There are some other smaller problems I can live with, such as jerky PAN/ZOOM and visible artifacts that can be removed with a REGEN, but until the above 2 problems are addressed I can't consider switching from AutoCAD. That's too bad, because like many people I'd love to see a truly functional AutoCAD replacement.Thanks

Comments

• There is a layer manager facility under TOOLS/IntelliCAD Explorer (menu)or EXPLAYERS (command). The HATCH crashing, I'm not too sure. You mightcheck if using/not using LWPOLYLINE boundaries makes a difference...ie: setPLINETYPE to 0.I share the video nuisances and a few other glitches but Bricsnet seems to beworking hard at it.

• I believe Richard is referring to the Acad bonus tools layer manger, which will save/restore layer states (not just individual layers).Below is a link to a layer manager I wrote for Intellicad. It has some of the functionality of Acad's Layer manager, including handling layer states. http://www.cadalog.com/file_info.phtml?file_location=/shells/Llib.zip&filename=Llib.zip&rowcolor=ffffcc

This discussion has been closed.