Looking for LISP editor

I realize that LISP programs can be written with any text editor. However, I was hoping to find a special editor to help do things like match parenthesis, and ideally also check syntax.A search on the internet turned up a number of references to old AutoLisp editors which were available before AutoCAD went to Visual Lisp. But, think links were old, and I was unable to find the actual programs.Any suggestions?Joe Dunfee

Comments

• the old vlisp editor can be downloaded at http://www.afralisp.net/zip1/vlisp.zip It does not support large files. Context and Multiedit are more generic editors but they offer colored visualisation and bracket highlighting. Colored visualisation uses syntax checking. regards, Alexander Van Heuverzwyn, Bricscad

• I use UltraEdit with great pleasure.It can be downloaded from www.ultraedit.com in a 30 days trial version, and costs not a fortune.It has color syntax, paranthese match and many other facilities.Wordfile to many languages can be downloaded from same web site.Svend

• Just came across this while searching for a lisp editor.

The link to the infralisp site seem outdated.

Is notepad++ a good alternative? Allthough then I would miss a option to run .lsp directly from the editor..

• I use Notepad++ as my Lisp and DCL editor. It works well, but it is not perfect:
    https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=49910.msg551016#msg551016
  • Maybe Torsten is working on an Editor with Debugger, like the known one included in AutoCAD (Vlide-Editor). I aked him so often to be so kind an create one. I wont give up that hope.
    Once a Day im sure, he will do it.
    Martin
  • UltraEdit is an excellent editor. Well worth the money.....

-KS

•  For a long time I used Lisplink from CAE-link; the last few years I have been using HippoEdit.  I doubt that I use 50% of what it is capable of, but it has bracket highlight matching and color coding, so I was hooked. 
  •  We use ultraedit as well.
  •  I have moved to Sublime Text recently. I already prepared  some of syntaxis recognition settings (including VLE) for myself  and snippets for common functions. I will share this stuff when will take a time to breath.

Regards, Vaidas
  • I just wrote a few lines as an explanation, why I started to use Sublime Text as LISP editor for BricsCAD.
  • Hi guys

This one costs $US189 but its been round for  a couple of decades with improvements....just been under the radar for most CAD people

http://www.beowolftech.com/lispgen/home.html

It does color, parenthesis, and will actually write correctly syntaxed code if you tell it what you want it to do....ie its semiautomatic

Good for beginners as well as experienced lispers

The old saw of Lisp being called Lost In Stupid Parenthesis has a truth....having spent hours head butting debugging code I agree!

Having said that  its power cannot be denied. I am still using routines I wrote 25 years ago!

Cheers

Ken Taylor (New Zealand)

This discussion has been closed.