Debian and wine 20050310

I've just switched from Suse to Debian and am unable to get bricscad-6.0.0019-1 to run - just segfaults. Anyone else running it on Debian?

Comments

• I think it is because you use an VERRY old version of wine.Release announcement Version 6.0.0018-1:Changed the linking mechanism. From now on Bricscad requires Wine version 0.9 and later. It will not work on Wine versions older than september 2005. Wine 0.9.2 and 0.9.4 are recommended as of this date. I work with bricscad in ubuntu breezy (based on debian) and it works perfect.

• I just switched from Centos to Ubuntu Dapper Drake and I can't make BricsCad to work, I have installed wine v. 0.9.14 and it gives me this errorsfixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stubX Error of failed request: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device Major opcode of failed request: 145 (XInputExtension) Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_OpenDevice) Serial number of failed request: 146 Current serial number in output stream: 146

• I initially tried with 0.9.11-1 installed with 'testing' but that didn't work either. Maybe I'll look for a version in between those two.

• For ubuntu dapper you have to comment out all unnecessary devices like wacom and so in the xorg.conf...hope that helps

• Andy,My expirients with wine is that every version of wine from the 0.9.* series works perfectly. Because my ubuntu breezy automaticly updates wine with every new version and it keeps working.But i have not yet succeeded in getting bricscad to work on ubuntu dapper, i think i will use Dirk's tip.

• For dutch speaking people I made a Howto for installing Bricscad under Ubuntu dapper.Link: http://www.cad4linux.nl/cms/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.7

• Tried what I could understand of that but still no luck. I have no odd input devices in xorg.confI've purged and re-installed wine 0.9.12 on 'testing', deleted .wineAll I get is# /opt/bricscad/icadInvoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin icad.exe.so ...wine: could not load L"c:\windows\system32\icad.exe.so": Module not foundSimilar for regappI'll try again another day if I get any more ideas :\

• Andy,Did you have these line in you xorg.conf InputDevice \"stylus\" \"SendCoreEvents\"InputDevice \"cursor\" \"SendCoreEvents\"InputDevice \"eraser\" \"SendCoreEvents\"Couse these you have to comment with #And maybe you could try wine 0.9.7, cause that version did the trick for me.I hope this is off any help.Good Luck

• Thanks.No I don't have any of those lines.I may try some earlier wine versions at the weekend, but I tried a few before the recent xorg upgrade with no success.

• Thanks for this tip on remarking those lines !!Now i am running B4L on Ubuntu and Xubuntu Dapper Drake,I think its running smoother than in Suse (9) on the same machineNow a couple minor questions, How can i set a launcher icon the desktop?how can i assign the icon (ico) file to the launcher shortcut?

• Thanks Emiel! its a good guide for ubuntu. but now im in xubuntu and seems a little bit different . anyway i was able, in the meantime to create a launcher at the upper bar and it works fine.now im figuring how to setup the correct paths for pdf (help files) reader.having installed a TTF pack on wine's proper folder now i have TTF fonts available in B4L.plotstyle manager and plotter manager opens (the folders) well configuring the paths. but they doesnt launch (pc3app.exe). PStyleApp.exe executes but doesnt create any style.for the moment im looking for a "pdf writer" for linux but apparently it doesnt exists. There is a reference for installing a postscript driver something called "cups", but i have to investigate more about it. thanks.

This discussion has been closed.