Code Page Error

On both 2.2.0016 and 2.2.0019 I recieve "Code page for this drawing is not supported." It happens radomly between drawings prepared with ACAD R13 and R14. Any suggestions?

Comments

• On both 2.2.0016 and 2.2.0019 I recieve "Code>page for this drawing is not supported." It>happens radomly between drawings prepared with>ACAD R13 and R14. Any suggestions?Error or warning?It is a fairly recent warning but not an error. It means the standard dwgcodepage will be used and some characters will not be visible. Dwgcodepage variable indicates what mapping table to use for truetype fonts. Meanwhile we found that some rare codepages (ASCII, MACINTOSH, JOHAB) weren't taken in account and just crash. Until the next release they need to be converted with a tool. I found one at http://www.cadstudio.cz/ftp.htm.Older AutoCAD drawings don't have a dwgcodepage and get one from the program.regards, sanderBricsnet

• I work with primarily architectural drawings and use stacked fractions.I have found that one can explode an architectural dimension then edit the code to reflect the desired fraction.however, there is a bit of crowding going on between the whole number and the fraction. does anyone know of a work around? thanks in Advance, Jefferson.

• I just downloaded and installed the latest version and now I am also getting this message randomly when I open drawings, and always when I preview drawings. In the preview mode, after the message comes up and I click on OK, the whole program shuts down. Sometimes when this message comes up when opening a drawing, the program will crash, sometimes it runs allright. Is there a fix for this? Any help will be much appreciated. BTW...my old version 2.1 still works fine, as well as ICAD 98...It just seems to be this new one....Sincerely,David Ludwig

This discussion has been closed.