upgrade procedures

Hello!I'm interesting to know which are the RECOMANDED AND SAFE procedures (steps) in order to install a new upgrade to a BricsCad version (and I think there are two kind of upgrade - to a current version - lets say to v7.0008 to v7.0009 and upgrade to a new version - lets say from v6 to v7):- it is recomended to uninstall the previous version?- does the new version a check for the new improvements and automatic install only these one?- can i make this upgrade directly from software menu, and not to download the entire install kit?Thanks!Ioan

Comments

• UPDATES are for versions with a new REVISION number (7.0.0000 to 7.0.0001) or MINOR version number (7.0.0000 to 7.1.0000).UPGRADES are for versions with a new MAJOR version number (6.0.0000 to 7.0.0000).You can update or upgrade your existing version at any time. It is not required to uninstall a previously installed version before updating / upgrading it.The installation procedure is the same for updates and upgrades. However, upgrades require a licence key with the same (or higher) VERSION INDEX as the new major version number. Otherwise, the new version will be installed as a Classic version and will run in trial mode (30 days evaluation period). After the evaluation period, you have to install a new license key.You can check the version index of your current license key in BricsCad, Help menu > Licensing.It is recommended to not edit the files delivered by BricsCad. If you do it, it is better to save these files with another filename and/or another location. This because all the delivered files can be overwritten when updating / upgrading the software.When updating / upgrading your existing version, all the previously installed components will be automatically updated.Example: the new ADeko module is a new part of the Raster Image Support installation component (including Hitachi ImageEnabler). If the Raster Image Support was installed, it will be automatically updated (Hitachi will be updated if necessary and the new ADeko module will be added).You can also add or remove installation components by running the installation again, then choose the "Modify" option and select / unselect the components to be added / removed. You cannot update / upgrade your existing version directly from the software menu. You have to download the new installset (Classic or Pro) then install it.

• Are the procedures for upgrading-updating still the same for V11? As a paying customer, installing a "Trial" version didn't seem to be the correct location. But it does make practical sense, now.

Thanks, Bruce

• The above post was lost to current forum folks. I will create a new one and not append to existing topics in the future.

This discussion has been closed.