leader problems

I've came across a problem with copying leaders (cut/paste)from one dwg to the next - they disappear. I came upon thiswhen I tried to copy a detail to another dwg and the wholething wouldn't show up. After breaking done the detail entityby entity it turns out the leaders are the culprit. Anyone comeacross this and know what the solution is? Thanks!

Comments

• Yes I get the same thing, but hadn't isolated it to leaders or any other cause. Often cut & paste just gives a few of the entities selected. If you move entities from one file to another, those which don't arrive disappear altogether (undo gets them back). Sometimes it works fine (perhaps when there are no leaders). I think it started in V6.I do it rarely enough not to be very bothered by it, to get around it I save as a temp file, remove what I don't want then insert the exploded temp file into the pastee.

• John your problem may be more related to errors in the original file. Try recovering the file before copying or moving.As it work it starts copying the item but crasches out when it hits a problem whithout telling you. You just get half of what you copied. I get this all the time especially if I get files mailed to me from someone else. Usually a recover does the trick.CheersPatrik

• I seldom use recover as I have so little trouble these days even with imported files, I just tried it on the most recent file to show this behaviour and made no difference.It doesn't crash when this happens, in fact I can't remember when Icad last crashed for me.Tried removing leaders from the selection set but that made no difference, I have suspected blocks or all dimensions. Often a lot of plain lines etc don't come across, and it's always complete layers which do or don't work. But none of these workarounds would be much practical use except to isolate the cause.

• Tim, If you could create a support request with such a problem drawing we'd be grateful. Then we can reproduce the issue and find the cause.Alexander Van Heuverzwyn, Bricscad

• Sorry,just to clarify, its just the copying that crashes.It stops copying half way.I frequently run in to this and usually a recover fixes it.

• Patrik,does copying crash or does it break off, so that only part of the entities are copied? Or does it hang up?kind regards, Alexander Van Heuverzwyn, Bricscad

This discussion has been closed.