layerstatus problems w/v7

I'm using the new Version 7, and am unable to get the savelayerstatus and loadlayerstatus commands to work. I've used them in previous versions without problems.When I attempt to save the current layerstatus, I get the error "created file for layerstatus nil". I've tried using the menu button on bonus tools, I've tried typing in the command "savelayerstatus", I've tried a file name with no extension, with a .txt extension, and with a full pathname. I've used the defaults for "current" layer and "unnamed.txt" for the filename, but I've tried many others as well.Any suggestions?

Comments

• on my system (v7.0.0010) this still seems to work.Probably the 'nil' echo on the command line makes you hesitate as to whether the creation of the layerstatus file was succesfull or not.I believe the commandline says 2 things:-created file for layerstatus-nil By default the layerstatus file (which is a simple text file) ends up in the BricsCad root directory (typically: C:\Program Files\BricsCad\BricsCad)

• Ferdinand,Thanks for the help, and you are correct, I should have looked further, and not assumed the "nil" was a problem.The file was created, and located as you indicated. I was able to load it correctly.Moving on, I have been unable to write it to a different path, do you know if there is a way to revise the default path for save and loadlayerstatus?Regards,Michael Hund

This discussion has been closed.